Education & Workforce Development
Education & Workforce Development works to create alliances between local schools and businesses in an effort to improve relationships and communication between the education community and the business sector.
The program is jointly sponsored by the Greene County Partnership and the Greeneville and Greene County school systems and incorporates five main components: Tennessee Scholars, Master Partnerships, Job Shadowing, Teacher Supply Depot, and an Educator In-Service.
Education & Workforce Development Goals:
- To enhance the educational experiences of all students through greater exposure to various resources which exist in business, institutions and organizations serving the community.
- To involve businesses in school programs that will directly and indirectly benefit the businesses.
- To enhance communication between schools and business so that both have a more realistic view of the other and a greater sense of common purpose.
- To promote improved alliances between education and the world of work.
- To improve the quality of life in Greeneville and Greene County for all citizens.